Miami is the center of the South Florida metropolitan area and is one of the most visited cities in the United States. The weather here is very hot and humid, with little change throughout the year, making bathing suits and shorts a popular choice for clothing. If you’re planning on visiting this fun city anytime soon, then take a look at these ten suggestions for things to do in Miami!
1. Visit the Everglades National Park – The park is located just 30 minutes outside of downtown Miami and offers beautiful scenery, lush vegetation, abundant animal life, and more! Tourists can rent canoes or kayaks to explore the park on their own.
2. Go to South Beach – This neighborhood in Downtown Miami is located on a barrier island and attracts thousands of tourists each year. The beach here offers spectacular views, especially at sunset!
3. Experience the Magic City – Miami’s nickname is “The Magic City” because it has a history of unusual events and strange news stories. There are several museums in Miami dedicated to this moniker, so if you’re feeling adventurous, stop by one or two!
4. Take a Cruise – The Port of Miami is the world’s largest cruise ship port and offers tours to nearby locations like Key Biscayne and Star Island. Experienced sailors may even want to book their own personal trip out on the ocean!
5. Spend an Evening at Jungle Island – Jungle Island is a zoo and amusement park all in one! You can see lions, giraffes, elephants, and more while also enjoying roller coasters and an assortment of carnival games.
6. Go on a Shopping Spree – South Beach offers plenty of shopping opportunities at high-end retailers along Ocean Drive. There are also several outdoor markets where you can browse for souvenirs and handmade items.
7. See a Show at Bayfront Park – Bayfront Park is a public park just a short walk from the American Airlines Arena. It offers live music and performances throughout the year, so be sure to check the schedule before you visit!
8. Visit Vizcaya Museum and Gardens – This historic estate is located on Biscayne Bay and has been designated as a National Historic Landmark by the United States Department of the Interior. Be sure to visit the beautiful gardens and take in the stunning views!
9. Go on a Segway Tour – Miami offers plenty of Segway tours throughout the city, offering visitors a unique way to see historic sites and picturesque areas like Coconut Grove and Coral Gables.
10. Go Nightclubbing – If you’re visiting Miami on the weekend, then don’t miss out on the city’s nightlife scene! There are several clubs and bars throughout South Beach that will keep you dancing all night long.
There you go! Ten fun things to do in Miami! Do you have any suggestions for other great places to visit? Let us know in the comments below and don’t forget to like and share this article!